- » Archive Access Policy
- » Committees
- » Conference Venue
- » Important dates
- » Plenary Lectures
- » Program
- » Instructions for Authors
Archive Access Policy
The presentations that make up the current and archived conferences on this site have been made open access and are freely available for viewing, for the benefit of authors and interested readers.
The organization of the YIC 2017 will be supported by three committees.
The Organizing Committee will be responsible for the practical organization of the conference.
The Scientific Committee will guarantee the high scientific quality of the conference. In the spirit of “Young Investigator Conference”, the Scientific Committee is composed only by young European researchers. Among them there are winners of “PhD Olympiad” and recipients of Eccomas Young Investigator Awards (Zienkiewicz and Lions Medals). Moreover, to create a link with the previous conferences, chairpersons of YIC2012, YIC2013 and YIC2015 will be part of the Scientific Committee.
Finally, a Support Committee, formed by more experienced researchers will help in the organization of the event.
- Massimiliano Cremonesi, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Matteo Bruggi, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Federica Confalonieri, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Maria Laura De Bellis, Università del Salento, Italy
- Gabriele Della Vecchia, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Gianandrea Messa, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Federico Pisanò, TU Delft, The Netherlands
- Joan Baiges, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
- Andrea Barbarulo, École Centrale Paris, France
- Lourenco Beirao da Veiga, Università degli studi di Milano, Italy
- Alessio Caverzan, European Commission, JRC, Italy
- Ludovic Chamoin, École normale supérieure de Cachan, France
- Erica Coenen, TNO Technical Sciences, The Netherlands
- Cécile Dobrzynski, Université de Bordeaux, France
- Max Duarte, CD-adapco, UK
- Stefanie Elgeti, Aachen University, Germany
- Antonio Gil Andrade-Campos, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Antonia Larese de Tetto, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
- Nuno Lopes, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Andrea Manzoni, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne Switzerland
- David Mašín, Charles University of Prague, Czech Republic
- David Néron, École normale supérieure de Cachan, France
- Mara Pagani, COMSOL, Italy
- Alexander Popp, Technische Universität München, Germany
- Alessandro Reali, University of Pavia, Italy
- Gianluigi Rozza, SISSA, International School for Advanced Studies, Italy
- Jaan Simon, Aachen University, Germany
- Wojciech Solowski, Aalto University, Finland
- Frans van der Meer, Delft TU, The Netherlands
- Francesc Verdugo, Technische Universität München, Germany
- Axelle Viré, TU Delft, The Netherlands
- Lena Yoshihara, Technische Universität München, Germany
- Julien Yvonnet, Université Paris-Est, France
- Alberto Corigliano, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Massimo Cuomo, University of Catania, Italy
- Attilio Frangi, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Giulio Maier, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Umberto Perego, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Giorgio Zavarise, Università del Salento, Italy
- Bernhard Schrefler, University of Padova, Italy
- Francesco Ubertini, University of Bologna, Italy
The conference will be hosted by the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (DICA) of Politecnico di Milano.
Address: piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32, 20133, Milano (Italy) - building number 3
|Deadline for presenting the abstract||February 15, 2017|
|Acceptance of the contributions||March 15, 2017|
|Early payment||April 03, 2017|
Plenary Lectures will be given by the following scientists of international prestige.
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya and International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering (CIMNE)
Recent Advances in Multilevel Domain Decomposition Solvers: Large Scales, Heterogeneous Problems, Time Parallelism and Unfitted Finite Elements.
Numerical Design for Primary Manufacturing Processes: Solving Inverse Problems in Production Engineerin.
Technical University of Munich
Nonlinear Contact Modeling for Geometrically Exact Beam Finite Element Formulations.
State of the art and perspectives in Reduced Order Methods: focus on Computational Fluid Dynamics.
ROGELIO ORTIGOSA MARTINEZ
ECCOMAS Awards for the best PhD Thesis in 2016
A new framework for large strain electromechanics based on convex multi-variable strain energies.
DIANE SYLVIE GUIGNARD
ECCOMAS Awards for the best PhD Thesis in 2016
A posteriori error estimation for PDEs with random input data.
Instructions for Authors
Registration and Check in
All attendees are required to check in at the registration desk. Participants are reminded to wear name badges at all times while in the conference area.
Wireless Internet access will be available in the premises of the conference venue.
Each regular presentation is allotted 20 minutes, and each PhD Olympiad presentation is allotted 30 minutes. Time includes questions.
All presentations will be oral. All parallel session rooms will be equipped with a PC (Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2013) and a PC Projector. If you prefer, you can use your laptop computer using the LCD projector.
You are kindly requested to test your presentation with the projector in your room during the coffee-break before your session. We recommend you to have a backup of your presentation on a USB storage device in the event your laptop has a technical problem or is incompatible with the LCD projector.
Make sure that you have the necessary cords/converters/adapters so that your laptop will work with European power outlets and the LCD projector. In Italy the standard voltage is 230 V. The standard frequency is 50 Hz. The power sockets that are used are of type L.